If your work diary is filled up, lost, stolen or destroyed you can take any of the following steps:
- Purchase a replacement work diary
- Work diaries are available for purchase at over 500 locations, Australia wide.
- Notify the NHVR if you can’t purchase a replacement work diary
- You must notify the NHVR within two business days if you can’t purchase a replacement work diary.
To do so go to the contact us section of the NHVR website https://www.nhvr.gov.au/contact-us
- Select the Supplementary work diary option enquiry type (click/press circle)
Complete the details in all of the boxes (mandatory)
Make supplementary records
- If your work diary is filled up, lost, stolen or destroyed you must use supplementary records to record your work and rest hours.
- Supplementary records must record all the information you would normally record in your work diary.
- Carry the NHVR’s acknowledgement email and supplementary records when you work
When you notify the NHVR that you can’t purchase a replacement work diary, we will send you an acknowledgement email.
You must carry this email with you when you work. You must also carry all supplementary records for the past 28 days.
Stop using supplementary records
You must stop using supplementary records when the first of the following happens
- You buy a replacement work diary; or
- 30 business days (even if this means you must stop working).