This course is under construction and coming soon
Please register your interest at email@example.com
This is a qualification for those engaged in driving operation job roles within the Transport and Logistics Industry.
It involves a defined range of skilled operations, usually within a range of broader related activities involving known routines, methods and procedures, with some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures and within known time constraints.
Job roles and titles vary across different sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Agitator Driver
- Bus Driver
- Line Haul Driver
- Local Heavy General Freight Driver
- Pilot Vehicle Driver
- Tip Truck Driver
Successful achievement of the licensing units within the qualification must align with licensing and regulatory requirements applicable to driving and state/territory regulatory requirements.
A total of 18 units of competency are required for successful completion of this course. The units of competency vary depending on the type of driving being undertaken.
There are however 6 x CORE units which must be undertaken irrespective of the driving you are doing.
- 6 core units listed below, plus
- 1 licensing/industry elective unit relevant to the vehicle type applicable to the job role from the licensing/industry elective units listed below plus
- All units within one of the specialist elective groups (job roles) from Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, Group G, Group H, Group I, Group K, Group L, or Group M listed below, plus
- 4 general elective units from the general elective units listed below if selecting Group B, Group K (depending on job role), Group M, or
- 5 general elective units from the general elective units listed below if selecting Group K (depending on job role), Group L, or
- 6 general elective units from the general elective units listed below if selecting Group A, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, Group G, Group H or Group I.
- Up to 3 of the general elective units may be selected from any relevant nationally endorsed Training Package or accredited course. The units must contribute to the vocational outcomes of the qualification.
Where imported units are selected, care must be taken to ensure that all prerequisite units specified are complied with.
TLID1001 — Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
TLIE1005 — Carry out basic workplace calculations
TLIF1001 — Follow work health and safety procedures
TLIF2010 — Apply fatigue management strategies
TLIH2001 — Interpret roadmaps and navigate pre-determined routes
TLIL1001 — Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
Licensing/Industry elective units
TLIC1051 — Operate commercial vehicle
TLIC2002 — Drive light rigid vehicle
TLIC3003 — Drive medium rigid vehicle
TLIC3004 — Drive heavy rigid vehicle
TLIC3005 — Drive heavy combination vehicle
TLIC4006 — Drive multi-combination vehicle
TLILIC2014 — Licence to drive a light rigid vehicle
Specialist elective units
Select one group (job role) from the following options:
- Group A: Heavy General Freight
- Group B: Agitator
- Group C: Bus
- Group D: Refrigerated
- Group E: Pilot Vehicle
- Group F: Dry/Liquid
- Group G: Car Carrier
- Group H: Livestock
- Group I: Wood Products
- Group K: Dangerous Goods
- Group L: Over Dimensional
- Group M: Tip Truck
The breakdown of what electives are covered within each driving role can be found and viewed at: www.training.gov.au/TrainingComponentFiles/TLI/TLI31216_R1.pdf